Tectyl 506 Multi Purpose Amber
TECTYL 506 - Multi Purpose Amber
- Tectyl 506 is a preventative compound for rust prone surfaces providing protection against the damaging effects of moisture, chloride and corrosion.
- TECTYL 506 is a solvent cutback, wax base, general purpose, corrosion preventive compound suitable for
the widest range of application requirements for vehicle rustproofing, protection of machinery and parts in
- TECTYL 506 protects parts in indoor and outdoor storage as well as domestic and international shipments.
- TECTYL 506 cures to a dark amber colored, waxy, translucent, firm film
Features & Benefits
- At the recommended DFT Tectyl 506 will protect
against corrosion during storage, domestic and
- Tectyl 506 is easy to apply and easy to remove,
when no longer needed.
- With a DFT of only 50 microns, Tectyl 506 can
protect a big surface with just little amount of the
- The maximum performance of TECTYL 506 can be
achieved only when the metal surfaces to be
protected are clean, dry and free of rust, oil and mill
scale and a substrate temperature of 10-35 °C at the
time of product application.
- TECTYL 506 is formulated to be used as supplied.
Due to its composition TECTYL 506 can be subject
to postproduction viscosity changes and/or wax
- Always ensure homogeneous consistency by
agitation before use. If the product thickens due to
cold storage or loss of solvent during use, thinning
with Valvoline 150 is possible to get the desired
consistency. Incorrect thinning will affect film build,
dry time and potentially product performance.
- Tectyl 506 can be applied by low pressure air spray
- TECTYL 506 can be removed with mineral spirits
or any similar petroleum solvent, hot alkaline
wash or low pressure steam. If dried and cured the
film of TECTYL 506 can also be removed with Tectyl
Trusted since 1930
Since 1930, Tectyl™ protective coatings have
been extending the operational life of cars,
trucks, buses and other vehicles and equipment.
The Tectyl name is synonymous with quality
coatings that are easy to apply, long-lasting and
easy to remove when no longer required.
Tectyl 506 should be stored at temperatures
between 10-35 °C. Mild agitation is
recommended prior to use. Due to its
composition Tectyl 506 can be subject to
postproduction viscosity changes during storage.
Under proper storage conditions Tectyl 506 is
best before 36 months after production date.
Adequate ventilation is required for cure and to
ensure against formation of combustible liquid.
THE PARTIALLY CURED FILM SHOULD NOT
BE EXPOSED TO IGNITION SOURCES
SUCH AS FLARES, FLAMES, SPARKS,
EXCESSIVE HEAT OR TORCHES. Refer to
The Safety Data Sheet for additional handling
and first aid information.
Health & Safety
This product is not likely to present any
significant health or safety hazards when properly
used in the recommended application and good
standards of personal hygiene are maintained.
Reference is made to the Safety Data Sheet
(SDS) which is available on request via your local
sales office or via the internet
This product has no reviews yet.