Loctite EA E-214HP
Loctite EA E-214HP
- Shear Strength, Grit Blasted Steel : 4820 psi
- Full Cure Temperature : 77 °F
- Viscosity : Thixotropic
- Color : Grey: Light Grey
- Curing Type : Heat cure
- Application : Bonding
- Industrial grade
- Develops tough, strong, structural bonds
- Excellent peel resistance and impact strength
- Superior thermal shock resistance
- Excellent mechanical and electrical properties
- Withstands exposure to a wide variety of solvents and chemicals
- Substrates include metals, glass, ceramics and plastics
epoxy adhesive. This one-component, no-mix, heat activated
formulation develops tough, strong, structural bonds which
provide excellent peel resistance and impact strength. When
fully cured, the epoxy offers superior thermal shock resistance,
excellent mechanical and electrical properties, and withstands
exposure to a wide variety of solvents and chemicals. This
product bonds to a wide variety of materials, including metals,
glass, ceramics and plastics.
This product is not recommended for use in pure oxygen
and/or oxygen rich systems and should not be selected as
a sealant for chlorine or other strong oxidizing materials.
For safe handling information on this product, consult the
Material Safety Data Sheet (MSDS).
Directions For Use:
- For high strength structural bonds, remove surface
contaminants such as paint, oxide films, oils, dust, mold
release agents and all other surface contaminants.
- Use gloves to minimize skin contact. DO NOT use
solvents for cleaning hands.
- For maximum bond strength apply adhesive evenly to
both surfaces to be joined.
- Join the adhesive coated surfaces and allow to cure at
120 °C or above until completely firm. Heat up to 150 °C
for 2 hours, will maximize properties.
- Keep parts from moving during cure. Contact pressure is
neccesary. Maximum shear strength is obtained with a
0.08 to 0.13 mm bond line.
- Excessive uncured adhesive can be cleaned up with
ketone type solvents.
LOCTITE® EA E-214HP™ reacts quickly when exposed to
temperatures above 120°C. This product evolves heat
(exotherms) during the solidification reaction. Care should be
taken to avoid the use of LOCTITE® EA E-214HP™ in sections
greater than 6 mm to avoid excessive heat build up during the
exothermic reaction, which causes rapid expansion, blistering
or cracking of the product.
Loctite Material Specification
LMS dated July-3, 2001. Test reports for each batch are
available for the indicated properties. LMS test reports include
selected QC test parameters considered appropriate to
specifications for customer use. Additionally, comprehensive
controls are in place to assure product quality and
consistency. Special customer specification requirements may
be coordinated through Henkel Quality.
Store product in the unopened container in a dry location.
Storage information may be indicated on the product container
Optimal Storage: 8 °C to 21 °C. Storage below 8 °C or
greater than 28 °C can adversely affect product properties.
Material removed from containers may be contaminated during
use. Do not return product to the original container. Henkel
Corporation cannot assume responsibility for product which
has been contaminated or stored under conditions other than
those previously indicated. If additional information is required,
please contact your local Technical Service Center or
Customer Service Representative.
This product has no reviews yet.