Loctite E-20hp Epoxy Adhesive 50ml
Loctite E-20hp Epoxy Adhesive 50ml
- Shear Strength, Steel : 3270 psi
- Storage Temperature : 46 - 82 °F
- Viscosity : 30000 mPa.s (cP) Brookfield
- Key Substrates : Concrete, Metal, Metal: Aluminum, Metal: Steel, Metal: Steel - Stainless Steel, Plastic, Polyamide (Nylon), Polycarbonate, Wood
- Color : White: Off White
- Curing Type : Room Temperature (Ambient) Cure
- Application : Bonding
- Forms a tough bondline that provides high peel resistance and high shear strengths
- Provides excellent bond strengths to a wide variety of plastics and metals
- Used as adhesive for bonding dry concrete or limestone for architectural applications
- Ideal for general purpose industrial assemblies
grade epoxy adhesive with a medium work life. Once mixed,
the two-component epoxy cures at room temperature to form a
tough, off-white, bondline that provides high peel resistance
and high shear strengths. The fully cured epoxy is resistant to a
wide range of chemicals and solvents, and acts as an excellent
The high performance epoxy provides excellent bond strengths
to a wide variety of plastics and metals. Ideal for general
purpose industrial assemblies. Used as adhesive for bonding
dry concrete or limestone for architectural applications.
TYPICAL CURING PERFORMANCE
The graph below shows the shear strength developed over time
on abraded, acid etched aluminum lap shears with an average
bond line gap of 3 to 9 mils and tested according to ASTM D1002.
Concrete Strength by ASTM C881/C882-99
E-20 HP passes the requirements of a type IV epoxy. During
testing the concrete fractured prior to the adhesive failing. The
test was modified as we do not recommend it be used on wet
This product is not recommended for use in pure oxygen
and/or oxygen rich systems and should not be selected as
a sealant for chlorine or other strong oxidizing materials.
For safe handling information on this product, consult the
Material Safety Data Sheet (MSDS).
Directions For Use:
- For high strength structural bonds, removal of surface
contaminates such as paint, oxide films, oils, dust, mold
release agents and all other surface contaminates.
- Use gloves to minimize skin contact. DO NOT use solvents
for cleaning hands.
- Dual Cartridges: To use simply insert the cartridge into the
application gun and start the plunger into the cylinders using
light pressure on the trigger. Next, remove the cartridge cap
and expel a small amount of adhesive to be sure both sides
are flowing evenly and freely. If automatic mixing of resin
and hardener is desired, attach the mixing nozzle to the end
of the cartridge and begin dispensing the adhesive. For
hand mixing, expel the desired amount of the adhesive and
mix thoroughly. Mix approximately 15 seconds after uniform
color is obtained. Bulk Containers: Mix thoroughly by
weight or volume in the proportions specified in Properties
of Uncured Material section. Mix vigorously approximately
15 seconds after uniform color is obtained.
- For maximum bond strength, apply adhesive evenly to both
surfaces to be joined.
- Application to the substrates should be made within 20
minutes. Larger quantities and/or higher temperatures will
reduce this working time.
- Join the adhesive coated surfaces and allow to cure at 25C
(77F) for 24 hours for high strength. Heat up to 93C
(200F), will speed curing.
- Keep parts from moving during cure. Contact pressure is
necessary. Maximum shear strength is obtained with a 3-9
mil bond line.
- Excess uncured adhesive can be cleaned up with ketone
Product shall be ideally stored in a cool, dry location in
unopened containers at a temperature between 8C to 28C
(46F to 82F) unless otherwise labeled. Optimal storage is at
the lower half of this temperature range. To prevent
contamination of unused product, do not return any material to
its original container. For further specific shelf life information,
contact your local Technical Service Center.
The data contained herein may be reported as a typical value
and/or range. Values are based on actual test data and are
verified on a periodic basis.
This product has no reviews yet.