Loctite AA 3525 UV Light Cure Adhesive
Loctite Aa 3525 Uv Light Cure Adhesive 25ml
- Shear Strength : 1480 psi
- Viscosity Temperature : 77 °F
- Viscosity : 15000 mPa.s (cP) Brookfield
- Color : Clear
- Curing Type : Ultraviolet (UV)/ visible light
- Application : Bonding
LOCTITE AA 3525 is a clear, light-cured, acrylic-based adhesive that is toughened for high strength bonding. Although well suited to plastics and metals, it can also bond glass and ceramics. It offers low yellowing in a sunlit environment. The tack-free time is 10 secs, while the fixturing time is 5 secs. Depth of cure is >13 mm. Service temperature is up to 140°C.
- High strength, toughened
- Well suited to plastics and metals
- Ideal for electric motor balancing applications
- Low yellowing in sunlight
materials. Cures fast to form clear, colorless bonds. When
cured, it offers excellent flexibility, toughness and durability to
moisture exposure. It is used to bond glass, metals and plastics
for industrial applications. LOCTITE® AA 3525™ is suitable for
use in electric motor balancing applications.
TYPICAL CURING PERFORMANCE
LOCTITE® AA 3525™ can be cured by exposure to UV and/or
visible light of sufficient intensity. The speed and depth of cure
will depend on the UV intensity measured at the product
Depth of Cure vs. Irradiance (365 nm)
Cure depth depends both on external factors including the type
of light source, light intensity and exposure time and on internal
factors including composition of the adhesive . The following
graphs show the effect of light source, light intensity and
exposure time on depth of cure for LOCTITE® AA 3525™
This product is not recommended for use in pure oxygen
and/or oxygen rich systems and should not be selected as
a sealant for chlorine or other strong oxidizing materials.
For safe handling information on this product, consult the
Safety Data Sheet (SDS).
Directions for use:
- This product is light sensitive; exposure to daylight, UV
light and artificial lighting should be kept to a minimum
during storage and handling.
- The product should be dispensed from applicators with
- For best performance bond surfaces should be clean and
free from grease.
- Cure rate is dependent on lamp intensity, distance from
light source, depth of cure needed or bondline gap and
light transmittance of the substrate through which the
radiation must pass.
- Full cure is estimated to be four to five times the fixture
- For dry curing of exposed surfaces, mercury arc ()
or Electrodeless system, D or H bulbs are recommended.
- Cooling should be provided for temperature sensitive
substrates such as thermoplastics.
- Plastic grades should be checked for risk of stress
cracking when exposed to liquid adhesive.
- Excess uncured adhesive can be wiped away with organic
solvent (e.g. Acetone).
- Bonds should be allowed to cool before subjecting to any
Loctite Material Specification
LMS dated April-8, 1999. Test reports for each batch are
available for the indicated properties. LMS test reports include
selected QC test parameters considered appropriate to
specifications for customer use. Additionally, comprehensive
controls are in place to assure product quality and
consistency. Special customer specification requirements may
be coordinated through Henkel Quality
Store product in the unopened container in a dry location.
Storage information may be indicated on the product container
Optimal Storage: 8 °C to 21 °C. Storage below 8 °C or
greater than 28 °C can adversely affect product properties.
Material removed from containers may be contaminated during
use. Do not return product to the original container. Henkel
Corporation cannot assume responsibility for product which
has been contaminated or stored under conditions other than
those previously indicated. If additional information is required,
please contact your local Technical Service Center or
Customer Service Representative.
This product has no reviews yet.