Loctite 592 PTFE Thread Sealant
Loctite 592 Pst Slow-cure Thread Sealant PTFE
- Strength : Medium
- Temperature : -65 - 400 °F
- Viscosity : 350000 mPa.s (cP) Brookfield
- Key Substrates : Metal
- Color : White: Off White
- Curing Type : Anaerobic
- Application : Thread sealing
LOCTITE® 592 is an opaque, off-white, thick acrylic dimethacrylate ester lubricating thread sealant paste which prevents galling on pipe threads and fittings. It provides immediate low pressure sealing and allows the readjustment of fittings shortly after assembly. The joint seals against pipe burst pressure after 72 hours. Suits applications up to +399 °F (+204 °C). Unsuitable for plastic piping.
- Prevents galling on pipe threads and fittings
- Provides immediate low pressure sealing and allows the readjustment of fittings shortly after assembly
- High viscosity
- Anaerobic cure
Directions for use:
- For best results, clean all surfaces (external and internal)
with a LOCTITE®
cleaning solvent and allow to dry.
- If the material is an inactive metal or the cure speed is too
slow, spray with LOCTITE®Primer NF™ and allow to dry.
- Apply a 360° bead of product to the leading threads of the
male fitting, leaving the first thread free. Force the
material into the threads to thoroughly fill the voids. For
bigger threads and voids, adjust product amount
accordingly and apply a 360° bead of product on the female threads also.
- Using compliant practices, assemble and wrench tighten
fittings in accordance with manufacturers
- Properly tightened fittings will seal instantly to moderate
pressures. For maximum pressure resistance and solvent
resistance allow the product to cure a minimum of 24
- Remove with standard hand tools.
- Where hand tools do not work because of excessive
engagement length or large diameters (over 1"), apply
localized heat to approximately 250 °C. Disassemble
- Cured product can be removed with a combination of
soaking in a Loctite solvent and mechanical abrasion
such as a wire brush.
Store product in the unopened container in a dry location.
Storage information may be indicated on the product container
Optimal Storage: 8 °C to 21 °C. Storage below 8 °C or
greater than 28 °C can adversely affect product properties.
This product has no reviews yet.