Loctite 577 Thread Sealant
Loctite 577 Thread Sealant 50ml
- Strength : Medium
- Temperature : -65 - 300 °F
- Viscosity : 70000 - 130000 mPa.s (cP) Brookfield
- Color : Yellow
- Curing Type : Anaerobic
- Application : Thread sealing
LOCTITE® 577 is designed for the locking and sealing of metal pipes and fittings as well as other threaded assemblies. The product provides an instant, low-pressure seal for metal pipes and fittings. It will not creep, shrink or shred. It has excellent chemical and thermal resistance and offers less migration of liquid product after application.
- Medium-strength, general purpose thread sealant for sealing metal threads
- Suitable for all metals
- Instant low pressure seal
- Excellent chemical resistance
- Locks connection against vibration-induced loosening and other stresses
- Easy to apply
- Cures on active and inactive metals
- NSF P1 Reg. No. 123001
- DVGW Approval (EN 751-1): DVGW Reg. No. NG-5146CQ0312
Directions for use:
- . For best results, clean all surfaces (external and internal)
with a LOCTITE®
cleaning solvent and allow to dry.
- If the material is an inactive metal or the cure speed is
too slow, spray with LOCTITE®
SF 7471™ or LOCTITE®
SF 7649™ and allow to dry.
- Apply a 360° bead of product to the leading threads of
the male fitting, leaving the first thread free. Force the
material into the threads to thoroughly fill the voids. For
bigger threads and voids, adjust product amount
accordingly and apply a 360° bead of product on the
female threads also.
- Using compliant practices, assemble and wrench tighten
fittings in accordance with manufacturers
- Properly tightened fittings will seal instantly to moderate
pressures. For maximum pressure resistance and
solvent resistance allow the product to cure a minimum of
- Remove with standard hand tools.
- Where hand tools do not work because of excessive
engagement length or large diameters (over 1"), apply
localized heat to approximately 250 °C (480F).
Disassemble while hot.
- Cured product can be removed with a combination of
soaking in a LOCTITE®
solvent and mechanical
abrasion such as a wire brush.
Store product in the unopened container in a dry location.
Storage information may be indicated on the product container
Optimal Storage: 8 °C to 21 °C. Storage below 8 °C or
greater than 28 °C can adversely affect product properties.
This product has no reviews yet.