Loctite 518 Gasket Flange Sealant
Loctite 518 Gasket Eliminator Flange Sealant 50ml
- Tensile Shear Strength : 7.5 N/mm²
- Temperature : -65 - 300 °F
- Viscosity : 500000 - 1000000 mPa.s (cP) Brookfield
- Key Substrates : Metal: Aluminum
- Color : Red
- Curing Type : Anaerobic
- Application : Sealing
LOCTITE 518 cures when confined in the absence of air between close-fitting metal surfaces. It is an anaerobic gasketing material designed for use on rigid iron, aluminum, and steel flanged mating surfaces. LOCTITE 518 fills gaps up to 0.25mm and forms a flexible, chemical-resistant seal that will not tear or decay. Parts disassemble easily, even after extended service. Typical applications include sealing close-fitting joints between rigid metal faces and flanges. It is also used as a formed-in-place gasket on rigid flanged connections, e.g. transmissions and motor housings.
- Semi-flexible, medium-strength anaerobic flange gasket
- Easy to automate
- Reduces process costs – eliminates manual assembly of conventional gaskets
- NSF P1 Reg. No. 123758
- For active and inactive rigid metal flanges
- Cures through minor surface contamination
- Adapts to flange surface irregularities and gaps up to 0.25 mm
- Gel-type consistency
- Seals instantly against low pressure
- Reduces inventory costs – no need for large inventory of cut gaskets
- Resists high pressure when fully cured
- No compression set or misaligned gaskets
Store product in the unopened container in a dry location.
Storage information may be indicated on the product container
Optimal Storage: 8 °C to 21 °C. Storage below 8 °C or
greater than 28 °C can adversely affect product properties.
This product has no reviews yet.