Devcon Bronze Putty (BR) - 1 lb | Bronze Repair Putty
Devcon Bronze Putty (BR) - 1 lb
Bronze-filled epoxy for repairing, rebuilding, and maintaining bronze parts and equipment
Repair, rebuild, and maintain marine propellers, shafts, trays, chutes, gate valves, and pump wear rings
- Resistant to chemicals and most acids, bases, solvents, and alkalis
- Machinable to metallic finish
- Bonds to ferrous and non-ferrous metals
Not recommended for long-term exposure to concentrated acids and organic solvents
- Thoroughly clean the surface with Devcon® Cleaner Blend 300 to remove all oil, grease and dirt.
- Grit blast surface area with 8-40 mesh grit, or grind with a coarse wheel or abrasive disc pad, to create increased surface area for better adhesion (Caution: An abrasive disc pad can only be used provided white metal is revealed). Desired profile is 3-5mil, including defined edges (do not "feather-edge” epoxy).Note: For metals exposed to sea water or other salt solution, grit-blast and high-pressure-water-blast the area, then leave overnight to allow any salts in the metal to “sweat” to the surface. Repeat blasting to “sweat out” all soluble salts. Perform chloride contamination test to determine soluble salt content (should be no more than 40ppm).
- Clean surface again with Devcon® Cleaner Blend 300 to remove all traces of oil, grease, dust or other foreign
substances from the grit blasting.
- Repair surface as soon as possible to eliminate any changes or surface contaminants.
WORKING CONDITIONS: Ideal application temperature is 55°F to 90°F. In cold working conditions, directly heat repair
area to 100-110°F prior to applying epoxy and maintain at this temperature during product cure to dry off any moisture,
contamination or solvents, as well as to achieve maximum performance properties.
---- It is strongly recommended that full units be mixed, as ratios are pre-measured. ----
- Add hardener to resin.
- Mix thoroughly with screwdriver or similar tool (continuously scrape material away from sides and bottom of container)
until a uniform, streak-free consistency is obtained.
INTERMEDIATE SIZES (1,2,3 lb. units): Place resin and hardener on a flat, disposable surface such as cardboard,
plywood or plastic sheet. Use a trowel or wide-blade tool to mix the material as in Step 2 above.
LARGE SIZES: (25 lb., 30 lb., 50 lb. buckets): Use a T-shaped mixing paddle or a propeller-type Jiffy Mixer Model ES on an electric drill. Thoroughly fold putty by vigorously moving paddle/propeller up and down until a homogenous mix of resin and hardener is attained.
Spread mixed material on repair area and work firmly into substrate to ensure maximum surface contact. Plastic Steel® 5
Minute® Putty (SF) fully cures in 16 hours, at which time it can be machined, drilled, or painted.
- FOR BRIDGING LARGE GAPS OR HOLES
Place fiberglass sheet, expanded metal, or mechanical fasteners between repair area and Plastic Steel® 5 Minute® Putty
(SF) prior to application.
- FOR VERTICAL SURFACE APPLICATIONS
Plastic Steel® 5 Minute® Putty (SF) can be troweled up to ¼” thick without sagging.
- FOR MAXIMUM PHYSICAL PROPERTIES
Cure at room temperature for 2.5 hours, then heat cure for 4 hours @ 200°F.
- FOR ± 70°F APPLICATIONS
Applying epoxy at temperatures below 70°F lengthens functional cure and pot life times. Conversely, applying above 70°F
shortens functional cure and pot life.
Allow material to cure for at least one hour before machining.
Store at room temperature, 70 °F.
These are the frequently asked questions :
How do you fill holes in copper?
How do you apply epoxy putty to copper pipe?
How do you fix a small leak in a copper pipe?
Does epoxy seal copper pipe?
Can bronze putty be used for copper?
What is the best epoxy for copper pipe?
Does epoxy putty stick to brass?
How long does epoxy putty last?
Feel free to contact us if there are any queries above or other questions we will be glad to assist you. Demo Practices are available too, we have our professional to guide you or recommend proper application on the products.
Read more about Devcon products
Distributor for devcon in South East Asia
Devcon Distributor for Singapore
Devcon Distributor for Cambodia
Devcon Distributor for Brunei
Devcon Distributor for Cambodia
Devcon Distributor for Myanmar
Largest Stockist for devcon products.
This product has no reviews yet.