Loctite Ea 3463 Structural Bonding Epoxy Putty
Loctite Ea 3463 Epoxy Structural Bonding Putty
- Fixture Time Temperature : 15 °C
- Color : Grey
- Curing Type : Room temperature cure after mixing
- Application : Metal Repair
LOCTITE EA 3463 is a versatile, dual component, easy to use, steel-filled epoxy repair putty. It is applied like a putty and when cured it exhibits high compressive strength and good adhesion to most surfaces. This product stops leaks in pipes and tanks, fills oversized bolt holes, smoothes welds, and repairs non-structural defects in castings or holes in tanks. This product is typically used in applications with an operating temperature range of -30 °C to +121 °C.
- Steel-filled kneadable stick
- For the emergency repair of tanks, pipes and castings
- Operating temperature range -55 °C to +120 °C.
EA 3463 is a versatile, dual component, easy to
use, steel filled epoxy repair putty. It is applied like a putty and
when cured it has a high compressive strength and good
adhesion to most surfaces. This product stops leaks in pipes
and tanks, fills oversized bolt holes, smoothes welds, and
repairs non-structural defects in castings holes in tanks. This
product is typically used in applications with an operating
range of -30 °C to 120 °C.
Certified to ANSI/NSF Standard 61 for use in commercial and
residential potable water systems not exceeding 82° C.
TYPICAL CURING PERFORMANCE
Cure Speed vs. Temperature
The graph below shows the shear strength developed with time
on grit blasted steel lap shears at different temperatures and
tested according to ISO 4587.
This product is not recommended for use in pure oxygen
and/or oxygen rich systems and should not be selected as
a sealant for chlorine or other strong oxidizing materials.
For safe handling information on this product, consult the
Safety Data Sheet (SDS).
Proper surface preparation is critical to the long-term
performance of this product. The exact requirements vary with
severity of the application, expected service life, and initial substrate conditions
Directions for use:
- CAUTION: Do not apply to surfaces above 66 °C (150F).
- Apply to clean and dry surface for best strength.
EA 3463 can be applied to wet surfaces, but
bond strength will be lower.
- For maximum adhesion, clean and sand surface.
- Use gloves; do not mix with bare hands.
- Cut required amount of material from stick. Remove clear
plastic wrapper from cut section.
- To mix, first twist the material to produce a spiral pattern
of resin and hardener. Next, knead material for 2-3
minutes or until a uniform color is achieved.
- Firmly apply for patch, repair or bonding.
- For a smooth finish, wet a cloth or gloved finger with water
Technical Tips for Working With Epoxies
- Relative humidity: <85%
- Ambient temperature: >15°C (60F) and rising
- Substrate temperature must always be 3°C (7F) higher
than the dew point to avoid condensing moisture on parts
- The higher the temperature, the faster the cure.
- The larger the mass of material, the faster the cure
- Store epoxy at room temperature.
- Pre-heat repair surface until warm to the touch.
- Mix epoxy in small masses to prevent rapid curing.
- Cool resin/hardener component(s).
Loctite Material Specification
LMS dated January-22, 2002. Test reports for each batch are
available for the indicated properties. LMS test reports include
selected QC test parameters considered appropriate to
specifications for customer use. Additionally, comprehensive
controls are in place to assure product quality and
consistency. Special customer specification requirements may
be coordinated through Henkel Quality.
Store product in the unopened container in a dry location.
Storage information may be indicated on the product container
Optimal Storage: 8 °C to 21 °C. Storage below 8 °C or
greater than 28 °C can adversely affect product properties
Material removed from containers may be contaminated during
use. Do not return product to the original container. Henkel
Corporation cannot assume responsibility for product which
has been contaminated or stored under conditions other than
those previously indicated. If additional information is required,
please contact your local Technical Service Center or
Customer Service Representative
This product has no reviews yet.