Loctite Aa 363 Light Cure Adhesive 1l
Loctite Aa 363 Light Cure Adhesive 1l
- Shear Strength, Grit Blasted Steel to Glass : 1740 psi
- Temperature : -65 - 356 °F
- Viscosity : 250 mPa.s (cP) Brookfield
- Color : Clear, Straw: Light Straw
- Curing Type : Ultraviolet (UV) light
- Application : Potting
LOCTITE® AA 363 is a transparent, yellow, low viscosity, UV-cured, liquid acrylic urethane methacrylate adhesive. It is designed for high speed curing when used for shallow potting and thin-film encapsulating of electronic assemblies.
- Designed for high speed curing in shallow potting and thin-film encapsulation
LOCTITE® AA 363™ is designed for shallow potting and
thin-film encapsulating of electronic assemblies.
TYPICAL CURING PERFORMANCE
This product is cured when exposed to UV radiation of
365nm. To obtain a full cure on surfaces exposed to air,
radiation at 250nm is also required. The speed of cure will
depend on the UV intensity as measured at the product
surface. Typical cure condition is 20-30 seconds at
100mW/cm² using a medium pressure, quartz envelope,
mercury vapor lamp.
Tack Free Time
Tack Free Time is the time required to achieve a tack free
Tack Free Time, seconds:
100 mW/cm², measured @ 365 nm 25
Fixture time is defined as the time to develop a shear strength
of 0.1 N/mm².
UV Fixture Time, Glass microscope slides, seconds:
6 mW/cm², measured @ 365 nm ≤15
100 mW/cm², measured @ 365 nm 5
Depth of Cure
The graph below shows the increase in depth of cure with time
at 100mW/cm² as measured from the thickness of the cured
pellet formed in a 15mm diameter PTFE die
This product is not recommended for use in pure oxygen
and/or oxygen rich systems and should not be selected as
a sealant for chlorine or other strong oxidizing materials.
For safe handling information on this product, consult the
Safety Data Sheet (SDS).
Directions for use:
- This product is light sensitive; exposure to daylight, UV
light and artificial lighting should be kept to a minimum
during storage and handling.
- The product should be dispensed from applicators with
- For best performance bond surfaces should be clean and
free from grease.
- Cure rate is dependent on lamp intensity, distance from
light source, depth of cure needed or bondline gap and
light transmittance of the substrate through which the
radiation must pass.
- Recommended intensity for cure in bondline situation is 5
mW/cm² minimum (measured at the bondline) with an
exposure time of 4-5 times the fixture time at the same
- For dry curing of exposed surfaces, higher intensity UV is
required (100 mW/cm²).
- Cooling should be provided for temperature sensitive
substrates such as thermoplastics.
- Plastic grades should be checked for risk of stress
cracking when exposed to liquid adhesive.
- Excess uncured adhesive can be wiped away with organic
solvent (e.g. Acetone).
- Bonds should be allowed to cool before subjecting to any
Loctite Material Specification
LMS dated December-3, 2001. Test reports for each batch
are available for the indicated properties. LMS test reports
include selected QC test parameters considered appropriate to
specifications for customer use. Additionally, comprehensive
controls are in place to assure product quality and
consistency. Special customer specification requirements may
be coordinated through Henkel Quality.
Store product in the unopened container in a dry location.
Storage information may be indicated on the product container
Optimal Storage: 8 °C to 21 °C. Storage below 8 °C or
greater than 28 °C can adversely affect product properties.
Material removed from containers may be contaminated during
use. Do not return product to the original container. Henkel
Corporation cannot assume responsibility for product which
has been contaminated or stored under conditions other than
those previously indicated. If additional information is required,
please contact your local Technical Service Center or
Customer Service Representative.
This product has no reviews yet.