Hylomar Aerograde PL32
Hylomar Aerograde PL32
Hylomar Aerograde is a highly engineered, non-setting and non-hardening gasketing compound for use in the aeronautical industry with a wide operating temperature of -50°C to +250°C. Hylomar Aerograde was developed in conjunction with Rolls Royce – Aerospace Division for sealing joints in turbine engines.
Hylomar Aerograde is resistant to:
- Air, water and oils
- Turbine and piston engine combustion products
- Water/glycol and methanol/water mixtures
- Petroleum and synthetic diester lubricating oils
- Non-hardening and non-setting
- Resistant to air, water and oils
- Specified worldwide by OEM’s
- Wide operating temperatures (- 50°C to +250°C)
- Easy to use
- Unlimited assembly time
- Easy to disassemble components
- For use on metal and plastic close fitting components
- Use as a non-curing thread sealant
- Resists vibration
- Easy to apply to vertical and underside joints due to its thixotropic properties
- Can be used with or without a gasket
Instructions for use
The joint faces should be clean and dry. For best results both faces should then be coated with a thin
even film of the product and the solvent allowed to evaporate, the components are then assembled.
Since Hylomar Aero Grade is non-setting, once applied to the faces of the component, immediate
assembly is not required. Due to the nature of Hylomar Aerograde, re-torquing of assembled
components may be required.
For stud loading, torque to required figure, allow compound to settle for a few minutes, then re-torque.
Hylomar Aero Grade can be removed from dismantled components using Hyloclean. No scraping is
Hylomar Aero Grade is resistant to air; turbine and piston engine combustion products; water;
glycol/water and methanol/water mixtures; petroleum and synthetic diester lubricating oils; gasolines
and kerosene fluids (both Avtur and Avcat) and some fluorocarbon refrigerants.
It is harmless to most joint face materials. Traces of volatiles produced at elevated temperatures do
not stain copper or silver, therefore, Hylomar Aero Grade is suitable for joints and threads in close
proximity to switch mechanisms etc. It is equally suitable for use as a gasket dressing and for metal
to metal application.
Hylomar Aero Grade has been tested, approved and is in use by, National Power/ Powergen, MOD
A.F.S. 147 D.T.D. 900/4586B, Rolls Royce MSRR 9055. The N.A.T.O. stock number for Aero Grade
Medium is 8030-99-220-2370. Heavy Grade is, 8030-99-224-5078
Handling and Safety Properties
- The compound is non-flammable.
- Product contains Dichloromethane.
- Observe normal standards of industrial hygiene for handling chemicals.
- Avoid contact with skin &
- Avoid breathing vapours.
Please see product safety data sheet for more information.
Storage Precautions: Store in a cool, dry place between 50C and 250C (410F and 770F) with
N.B. After filling, subsequent handling of the tube causes minor indentations. This may cause the
contents to be under a slight pressure. Care should be exercised when initially opening the tube as
a small amount of product may spurt out.
This product has no reviews yet.