Dowsil RTV 3145 Adhesive-Sealant Clear 90ml
Dowsil RTV 3145 Adhesive/Sealant Clear 90ml
Dow DOWSIL™ 3145 RTV MIL-A-46146 Adhesive Sealant Clear is a one component, room temperature curing, silicone adhesive that is used for assembling print wire boards and sealing housings, modules, and electrical leads. It is non-flowing and has high elongation, tensile, and tear strength.
FEATURES & BENEFITS
- Room temperature cure
- High tensile/tear strength and elongation
- MIL-A-46146 Group II, TY I
- No mixing required
- Room temperature cure, no ovens required
- Faster in-line processing with optional heat acceleration
- Can be considered for uses with Mil Spec requirements
DOWSIL™ 3145 RTV MIL-A-46146 Adhesive Sealant – Clear is suitable for:
- Sealing openings in modules and housings
- Assembly of components on printed wiring board (PWB)
- Sealing in and around wired and electrical leads
All surfaces should be thoroughly
cleaned and/or degreased with
Dow OS Fluids, naphtha, mineral
spirits, methyl ethyl ketone (MEK) or
other suitable solvent. Solvents such
as acetone or isopropyl alcohol (IPA)
do not tend to remove oils well, and
any oils remaining on the surface may
interfere with adhesion. Light surface
abrasion is recommended whenever
possible, because it promotes good
cleaning and increases the surface area
for bonding. A final surface wipe with
acetone or IPA is also useful. Some
cleaning techniques may provide better results than others; users should
determine the best techniques for their
Due to the wide variety of substrate
types and differences in substrate
surface conditions, general statements
on adhesion and bond strength are
impossible. To ensure maximum bond
strength on a particular substrate,
cohesive failure of the product in a lap
shear or similar test is needed to
ensure compatibility of the adhesive
with the substrate being considered.
Also, this test can be used to
determine minimum cure time or to
detect the presence of surface
contaminants such as mold release
agents, oils, greases and oxide films.
The silicone adhesive discussed in this
literature is intended only to survive
splash or intermittent exposures. It is
not suited for continuous solvent or
fuel exposure. Testing should be done
to confirm performance of the
adhesives under these conditions.
Suitable extinguishing media
- Water spray.
- Alcohol-resistant foam.
- Carbon dioxide (CO2).
- Dry chemical.
- None known.
- Use water spray to cool unopened containers
- Evacuate area
- Collect contaminated fire extinguishing water separately. This must not be discharged into
- Fire residues and contaminated fire extinguishing water must be disposed of in
accordance with local regulations.
- Use extinguishing measures that are appropriate to local circumstances and the surrounding
- Remove undamaged containers from fire area if it is safe to do so
equipment for firefighters
- In the event of fire, wear self-contained breathing apparatus. Use personal protective equipment.
ACCIDENTAL RELEASE MEASURES
protective equipment and
- Use personal protective equipment. Follow safe handling advice and personal protective equipment recommendations.
- Discharge into the environment must be avoided. Prevent further
leakage or spillage if safe to do so. Retain and dispose of contaminated wash water. Local
authorities should be advised if significant spillages cannot be contained.
containment and cleaning up
- Wipe up or scrape up and contain for
salvage or disposal. Local or national regulations may apply to releases and disposal of this material,
as well as those materials and items employed in the cleanup of releases. You will need to determine
which regulations are applicable. For large spills, provide dyking or other appropriate containment to
keep material from spreading. If dyked material can be pumped, store recovered material in
HANDLING AND STORAGE
Advice on safe handling
- Do not get on skin or clothing.
- Do not swallow.
- Avoid contact with eyes.
- Take care to prevent spills, waste and minimize release to the environment.
- Handle in accordance with good industrial hygiene and safety practice.
- CONTAINERS MAY BE HAZARDOUS WHEN EMPTY. Since emptied containers retain product residue follow all (M)SDS and label warnings even after container is emptied.
- Use only with adequate ventilation.
- Keep in properly labelled containers.
- Store locked up.
- Store in accordance with the particular national regulations.
- Do not store with the following product types: Strong oxidizing agents.
- Unsuitable materials for containers: None known.
This product has no reviews yet.