Devcon Titanium Putty 1lb | Titanium Repair Putty
Devcon Titanium Putty 1lb
Devcon Titanium Putty is a high performance, titanium reinforced epoxy engineered for making critical repairs to machinery and precision parts.
They are also known as :
Titanium repair putty
Features and benefits
- Temperature resistance to 176°C
- Excellent chemical resistance
- Compression strength of 124 MPa
- Qualifies under mil spec DOD-C-24176B
- Non-rusting, machinable to a metallic finish
- Restore bearing housings and scored shafts
- Rebuild wear rings, hydraulic rams and valves
- Repair equipment and parts that require a machined finish
- Titanium putty pum repair
Proper surface preparation is essential to a successful application. The following procedures should be considered.
- First, degrease the surface by using anyone of Devcon Cleaner Blend 300 #19510. All oil, grease, and dirt must be removed before applying any epoxy material.
- All surfaces must be roughened ideally by grit blasting (8-40 mesh grit), or by grinding with a coarse wheel or abrasive disc pad. An abrasive disc may be used provided the white metal is revealed. This creates an increased surface area for better adhesion. A 75-125 micron profile is desired for an application. Do not “feather edge” epoxy material. Epoxy material must be “locked” in by defined edges and a good 75-125 micron profile.
- Metal that has been handling seawater or other salt solutions should be grit blasted and high-pressure water blasted and left overnight to allow any salts in the metal to “sweat” to the surface, repeat blasting to “sweat out” all the soluble salts. A test for chloride contamination should be performed prior to any epoxy application. The maximum soluble salts left on the substrate should be no more than 40 ppm(parts per million).
- All abrasive preparation should be followed by chemical cleaning with Devcon Cleaner Blend 300. This will help to remove all traces of sandblasting grit, oil, grease, dust, or other foreign substances.
- Under cold working conditions, heating the repair area to 38-43°C immediately before applying any of Devcon’s metal-filled epoxy is recommended. This procedure dries off any moisture and assists the epoxy in achieving maximum adhesion to the substrate.
- All prepared surfaces should be repaired as soon as possible, to eliminate any changes or surface contaminants.
Devcon titanium putty mix ratio – Resin to Hardener: Weight 4.3:1, Volume 3.0:1
Add hardener to resin. Mix thoroughly with a screwdriver or similar tool until a uniform, streak-free
consistency is obtained in about 4 minutes. Be sure to mix material from the bottom and sides of the container. It is
strongly recommended that full can units be mixed.
For best results, the product should be kept and applied at room temperature. Titanium Putty can be applied when temperatures are between 13°C and 32°C. When temperatures are below 21°C, cure and pot life will be longer, and above room temperature, cure and pot life will be shorter. Spread Devcon Titanium Putty over prepared surface with applicator (enclosed) or putty knife. Press firmly to ensure maximum surface contact and avoid entrapping air. To bridge large gaps or holes use fibreglass, expanded metal or other mechanical fasteners.
Allow Titanium Putty to cure at least 4 hours. Machine the piece immediately after the putty is cured. If you
wait more than 24 hours the material will wear your tools. Machine using these guidelines:
- Lathe Speed: 150ft/minute
- Cut: Dry
- Tools: Carbide or high speed steel bits
- Feed rates: Rough @ ½” – 3” @ .020 cut/rev Finishing @ ½” @ .0101 cut/rev
- Polishing: Use 400 to 650 emery paper wet to polish surface. It should polish to a 25-50 micron finish
- Working time is 21 minutes @ 24°C
- Functional (75%) cure is achieved in 16 hours @ 24°C
- A thick ¼” section of Titanium Putty can be machined after 2 ½ hours and can be immersed in chemicals
after 24 hours. Sections less than ¼” will require a slightly longer cure.
- For maximum physical properties, Titanium Putty can be heat cured for 4 hours at 200°F after curing a t
room temperature for 2 ½ hours.
For complete safe and handling information, please refer to the appropriate Material Safety Data Sheets prior to using this product.
Warranty: Devcon will replace any material found to be defective. Because the storage, handling and
application of this material is beyond our control, we can accept no liability for the results obtained.
These are the frequently asked questions :
What is Titanium putty used for?
How do you mix Titanium putty?
What kind of putty is used on metal?
Does putty work on metal?
What is the strongest metal epoxy?
Is it comparable with belzona titanium putty?
Devcon titanium putty price?
Feel free to contact us if there are any queries above or other questions we will be glad to assist you. Demo Practices are available too, we have our professional to guide you or recommend proper application on the products.
Read more about Devcon products
Distributor for devcon in South East Asia
Devcon Distributor for Singapore
Devcon Distributor for Cambodia
Devcon Distributor for Brunei
Devcon Distributor for Cambodia
Devcon Distributor for Myanmar
Largest Stockist for devcon products.
This product has no reviews yet.