Devcon Plastic Steel® 5-Minute® Putty (SF) 10240
Devcon Plastic Steel® 5-Minute® Putty (SF)
A steel-filled, fast-setting epoxy putty for filling, rebuilding, and bonding metal surfaces
Restores worn or fatiqued metals; patches castings; makes jigs and fixtures; rebuilds pump and valve bodies; restores
bearing journals and races
- Bonds to aluminum, concrete, and many other metals
- Resistant to chemicals and most acids, bases, solvents, and alkalis
- Applies easily to vertical surfaces
- Machinable to metallic finish
Not recommended for long term exposure to concentrated acids or to organic solvents
- Thoroughly clean the surface with Devcon® Cleaner Blend 300 to remove all oil, grease and dirt.
- Grit blast surface area with 8-40 mesh grit, or grind with a coarse wheel or abrasive disc pad, to create increased surface area for better adhesion (Caution: An abrasive disc pad can only be used provided white metal is revealed). Desired profile is 3-5mil, including defined edges (do not "feather-edge” epoxy).Note: For metals exposed to sea water or other salt solution, grit-blast and high-pressure-water-blast the area, then leave overnight to allow any salts in the metal to “sweat” to the surface. Repeat blasting to “sweat out” all soluble salts. Perform chloride contamination test to determine soluble salt content (should be no more than 40ppm).
- Clean surface again with Devcon® Cleaner Blend 300 to remove all traces of oil, grease, dust or other foreign
substances from the grit blasting.
- Repair surface as soon as possible to eliminate any changes or surface contaminants.
WORKING CONDITIONS: Ideal application temperature is 55°F to 90°F. In cold working conditions, directly heat repair
area to100-110°F prior to applying epoxy and maintain at this temperature during product cure to dry off any moisture,
contamination or solvents, as well as to achieve maximum performance properties.
---- It is strongly recommended that full units be mixed, as ratios are pre-measured. ----
- Add hardener to resin.
- Mix thoroughly with screwdriver or similar tool (continuously scrape material away from sides and bottom of container)
until a uniform, streak-free consistency is obtained.
INTERMEDIATE SIZES (1,2,3 lb. units): Place resin and hardener on a flat, disposable surface such as cardboard,
plywood or plastic sheet. Use a trowel or wide-blade tool to mix the material as in Step 2 above.
LARGE SIZES: (25 lb., 30 lb., 50 lb. buckets): Use a T-shaped mixing paddle or a propeller-type Jiffy Mixer Model ES on an electric drill. Thoroughly fold putty by vigorously moving paddle/propeller up and down until a homogenous mix of resin and hardener is attained.
Spread mixed material on repair area and work firmly into substrate to ensure maximum surface contact. Plastic Steel® 5
Minute® Putty (SF) fully cures in 16 hours, at which time it can be machined, drilled, or painted.
- FOR BRIDGING LARGE GAPS OR HOLES
Place fiberglass sheet, expanded metal, or mechanical fasteners between repair area and Plastic Steel® 5 Minute® Putty
(SF) prior to application.
- FOR VERTICAL SURFACE APPLICATIONS
Plastic Steel® 5 Minute® Putty (SF) can be troweled up to ¼” thick without sagging.
- FOR MAXIMUM PHYSICAL PROPERTIES
Cure at room temperature for 2.5 hours, then heat cure for 4 hours @ 200°F.
- FOR ± 70°F APPLICATIONS
Applying epoxy at temperatures below 70°F lengthens functional cure and pot life times. Conversely, applying above 70°F
shortens functional cure and pot life.
Allow material to cure for at least one hour before machining.
Store at room temperature, 70 °F.
Read more about Devcon products
Distributor for devcon in South East Asia
Devcon Distributor for Singapore
Devcon Distributor for Cambodia
Devcon Distributor for Brunei
Devcon Distributor for Cambodia
Devcon Distributor for Myanmar
Largest Stockist for devcon products.
This product has no reviews yet.