Dow Corning Dowsil 732 300ml RTV Silicone Sealant | Multi-Purpose Sealant
Dow Corning Dowsil 732 300ml RTV Silicone Sealant | Multi-purpose Sealant
Dow Corning Dowsil 732 RTV Silicone Sealant is a one-component, non-slumping, silicone paste that is used for bonding and sealing industrial applications. It offers easy application, acetoxy cure system, flexibility, and good dielectric properties. 300 mL Cartridge.
FEATURES & BENEFITS
- One-part adhesive/sealant
- Cures at room temperature when exposed to moisture in the air
- Acetoxy cure system
- Non-sag, paste consistency
- Easy to apply
- Cures to a tough, flexible rubber
- Good adhesion to many substrates
- Stable and flexible from -60°C to +180°C (-76°F to +356°F), with short peaks up to +205°C (401°F)
- Black version: stable and flexible from -60°C to +205°C (-76°F to +401°F), with short peaks up to +230°C (446°F)
- Excellent dielectric properties
- Complies with MIL-A-46106
- Complies with FDA 177.2600
- Available in white, black, clear and aluminum
- General industrial sealing and bonding applications
- Complies with MIL-A-46106 and FDA 177.2600
How to use
- All surfaces must be clean and dry. Degrease and wash off any contaminants that could
impair adhesion. Suitable solvents include isopropyl alcohol, acetone or methyl ethyl
- Unprimed adhesion may be obtained on many substrates such as glass, metals and most
common engineering plastics. Substrates to which good adhesion is normally not obtained
include PTFE, polyethylene, polypropylene and related materials.
However, for maximum adhesion, the use of DOWSIL™ 1200 OS Primer is recommended.
- After solvent cleaning, a thin coat of DOWSIL™ 1200 OS Primer is applied by dipping,
brushing or spraying. Allow primer to dry for 15 to 90 minutes at room temperature and a
relative humidity of 50% or higher.
How to Apply
- Apply DOWSIL™ 732 Multi-Purpose Sealant to one of the prepared surfaces, then quickly
cover with the other substrate to be bonded.
- On exposure to moisture, the freshly applied material will "skin-over". Any tooling should be
completed before this skin forms. The surface is easily tooled with a spatula. The
adhesive/sealant will be tack-free in less than 45 minutes.
- After skin formation, cure continues inward from the surface. In 24 hours (at room
temperature and 50% relative humidity) DOWSIL™ 732 Multi-Purpose Sealant will cure to a
depth of about 3 mm. Very deep sections, especially when access to atmospheric moisture
is restricted will take longer to cure completely. Cure time is extended at lower humidity
- Before handling and packaging bonded components, users are advised to wait a sufficiently
long time to ensure that the integrity of the adhesive seal is not affected. This will depend on
many factors and should be determined by the user for each specific application.
DOWSIL™ 732 Multi-Purpose Sealant releases a small amount of acetic acid during cure.
This may cause corrosion on some metallic parts or substrates, especially in direct contact
or when the cure is carried out in a totally enclosed configuration which would not allow cure
by-products to escape.
PRODUCT SAFETY INFORMATION REQUIRED FOR SAFE USE IS NOT INCLUDED IN
THIS DOCUMENT. BEFORE HANDLING, READ PRODUCT AND SAFETY DATA SHEETS
AND CONTAINER LABELS FOR SAFE USE, PHYSICAL AND HEALTH HAZARD
INFORMATION. THE SAFETY DATA SHEET IS AVAILABLE ON THE DOW WEBSITE AT
DOW.COM, OR FROM YOUR DOW SALES APPLICATION ENGINEER, OR
DISTRIBUTOR, OR BY CALLING DOW CUSTOMER SERVICE.
Usable Life and
Product should be stored at or below 32°C (90°F) in original, unopened containers.
As DOWSIL™ 732 Multi-Purpose Sealant cures by reaction with moisture in air, keep the
container tightly sealed when not in use. A plug of used material may form in the tip of a
tube or cartridge during storage. This is easily removed and does not affect the remaining
This product is neither tested nor represented as suitable for medical or pharmaceutical
To support customers in their product safety needs, Dow has an extensive Product
Stewardship organization and a team of product safety and regulatory compliance
specialists available in each area.
For further information, please see our website, dow.com or consult your local Dow
Dispose in accordance with all local, state (provincial) and federal regulations. Empty
containers may contain hazardous residues. This material and its container must be
disposed in a safe and legal manner.
It is the user’s responsibility to verify that treatment and disposal procedures comply with
local, state (provincial) and federal regulations. Contact your Dow Technical Representative
for more information.
Dow has a fundamental concern for all who make, distribute, and use its products, and for
the environment in which we live. This concern is the basis for our product stewardship
philosophy by which we assess the safety, health, and environmental information on our
products and then take appropriate steps to protect employee and public health and our
environment. The success of our product stewardship program rests with each and every
individual involved with Dow products - from the initial concept and research, to
manufacture, use, sale, disposal, and recycle of each product.
Dow strongly encourages its customers to review both their manufacturing processes and
their applications of Dow products from the standpoint of human health and environmental
quality to ensure that Dow products are not used in ways for which they are not intended or
tested. Dow personnel are available to answer your questions and to provide reasonable
technical support. Dow product literature, including safety data sheets, should be consulted
prior to use of Dow products. Current safety data sheets are available from Dow.
This product has no reviews yet.