Loctite SI 598 Black RTV Silicone Sealant
Loctite Si 598 Rtv Silicone Sealant Black 300ml Cartridge
- Temperature : -75 - 625 °F
- Color : Black
- Curing Type : Room temperature vulcanizing (RTV)
- Application : Gasketing
LOCTITE® SI 598 is a metallic black, 1-part, thixotropic, room temperature vulcanizing oxime silicone paste sealant. It cures on exposure to moisture in the air to form a tough, flexible, silicone rubber gasket. It resists ageing, weathering and thermal cycling without hardening, shrinking or cracking. This product is typically used in applications with an operating range of -54 to +260°C.
- Excellent resistance to automotive motor oils
- Enhances load bearing & shock absorbing characteristics of the bond area
- Typical applications include oil pans, transmission pans, valve covers, valves and guides, timing gear covers, and differential covers
form a tough, flexible, silicone rubber gasket. This product
resists aging, weathering and thermal cycling without
hardening, shrinking or cracking. Typical applications include
oil pans, transmission pans, valve covers, valves and guides,
timing gear covers, and differential covers. This
product is typically used in applications with an operating range
of -54 °C to 260 °C.
TYPICAL ENVIRONMENTAL RESISTANCE
The product retains effective properties in contact with
automotive fluids, such as motor oil, transmission fluids,
alcohol and antifreeze solutions.
NOTE: Not recommended for parts in contact with gasoline.
This product is not recommended for use in pure oxygen
and/or oxygen rich systems and should not be selected as
a sealant for chlorine or other strong oxidizing materials.
For safe handling information on this product, consult the
Material Safety Data Sheet (MSDS).
Directions for use
- . For best performance bond surfaces should be clean and
free from grease.
- Full performance properties will develop over 72 hours.
- Moisture curing begins immediately after the product is
exposed to the atmosphere, therefore parts to be
assembled should be mated within a few minutes after the
product is dispensed.
- Excess material can be easily wiped away with non-polar
NOTE: LOCTITE® SI 598™ is not recommended for use
as a cylinder head gasket or head gasket sealant.
- For full automatic applications a volumetric dispensing
system is recommended.
Store product in the unopened container in a dry location.
Storage information may be indicated on the product container
Optimal Storage: 8 °C to 21 °C. Storage below 8 °C or
greater than 28 °C can adversely affect product properties.
Material removed from containers may be contaminated during
use. Do not return product to the original container. Henkel
Corporation cannot assume responsibility for product which
has been contaminated or stored under conditions other than
those previously indicated. If additional information is required,
please contact your local Technical Service Center or
Customer Service Representative.
This product has no reviews yet.