Loctite SF 790 Gasket Remover
Loctite SF 790 Paint Stripper Gasket Remover 510g
- Viscosity : Very low
- Color : Grey, White: Off White
- Curing Type : Not applicable
- Application : Removal of baked-on gaskets /
LOCTITE SF 790 is a grey to off-white methylene chloride liquid solvent in an aerosol spray designed to remove baked-on chemical gaskets, gasket cements and conventional gasket materials from metal surfaces. It works by removing pre-cut conventional gasket cements and formed-in-place chemical gaskets. Its aerosol spray form enables spray application on to intricate shapes with maximum penetration.
- Aerosol spray form enables spray application on to intricate shapes with maximum penetration
- The product will not run off, even on vertical surfaces
SF 790™ is a solvent formulation designed to
remove baked-on chemical gaskets, gasket cements and
conventional gasket materials from metal surfaces
SF 790™ is a chemical liquid that works to remove
pre-cut conventional gasket cements as well as formed in-place chemical gaskets.
SF 790™ is supplied in an aerosol which enables
spray application on to intricate shapes with maximum
penetration. Also, the product will not run off, even on vertical
SF 790™ is ideal for removing
- Baked-on gaskets and gasket cements from any type of
- Chemical formed-in-place gaskets, including RTV silicone
and anaerobic materials.
- Gaskets from aluminum components without scraping or
damaging machine surfaces.
- Gaskets from small to difficult-to-reach components.
- High temperature engine paints prior to repairing.
- Built-up carbon deposits from interior engine/combustion
- Baked-on grease and oil deposits (excellent pre-cleaner
prior to solvent washing - keeps solvent baths cleaner,
- Paint and varnish from wood surfaces (excellent for
removing surface coating from delicate wood, carved
surfaces without scraping or damaging surfaces).
This product is not recommended for use in pure oxygen
and/or oxygen rich systems and should not be selected as
a sealant for chlorine or other strong oxidizing materials.
For safe handling information on this product, consult the
Safety Data Sheet (SDS).
Directions for use
- Hold can upright 25 to 30 cm from gasket area to be
- Spray area to be stripped; a heavier coat will provide
- Allow 5 to 10 minutes for foaming action of LOCTITE®
790™ to destroy old gasket.
- Remove old gasket or gasket cement with a scraper or
putty knife. Wipe flange clean with a rag. Repeat
procedure if necessary.
- Prior to assembly with new gasket, spray all surfaces
clean with a suitable cleaner, e.g. Loctite®
- After use, turn can upside down and spray for 3 seconds
to clear actuator.
Not for product specifications
The technical data contained herein are intended as reference
only. Please contact your local quality department for
assistance and recommendations on specifications for this
Store product in the unopened container in a dry location.
Storage information may be indicated on the product container
Optimal Storage: 8 °C to 21 °C. Storage below 8 °C or
greater than 28 °C can adversely affect product properties.
This product has no reviews yet.