Loctite E-90FL Hysol Epoxy Structural Adhesive
Loctite E-90FL Hysol Epoxy Structural Adhesive
- Shear Strength, Steel : 810 psi
- Storage Temperature : 46 - 69 °F
- Viscosity : 40000 mPa.s (cP) Brookfield
- Key Substrates : Ceramic, Metal, Phenolic, Rubber, Wood
- Color : Grey, Opaque
- Curing Type : Room Temperature (Ambient) Cure
- Application : Bonding
- Extended working life allows more time to adjust parts during assembly
- Typical applications include bonding plastic, metal, glass, wood, ceramic, rubber, and masonry materials where flexibility is required
- Can also be used for repairing strain gauges, sealing seams on fiberglass components, repairing printed circuit boards, bonding stainless steel inserts, and rubber hose to steel tubing
EA E-90FL™ is a toughened, medium
viscosity, industrial grade epoxy adhesive with extended
working life. Once mixed, the two component epoxy cures at
room temperature to form a flexible, gray bondline with
excellent resistance to shock and impact. When fully cured, the
epoxy is resistant to a wide range of chemicals and solvents,
and acts as an excellent electrical insulator. Typical
applications include bonding plastic, metal, glass, wood,
ceramic, rubber, and masonry materials where flexibility is
required. Suited for low-stress, high-impact bonding
applications of dissimilar materials. LOCTITE®
can also be used for repairing strain gauges, sealing seams on
fiberglass components, repairing printed circuit boards,
bonding stainless steel inserts, and rubber hose to steel tubing.
The products extended working life allows more time to adjust
parts during assembly.
TYPICAL CURING PERFORMANCE
Cure Speed vs. Time
The graph below shows shear strength developed with time on
abraded, acid etched aluminum lapshears @ 25 °C with an
average bondline gap of 0.1 to 0.2 mm and tested according to
This product is not recommended for use in pure oxygen
and/or oxygen rich systems and should not be selected as
a sealant for chlorine or other strong oxidizing materials.
For safe handling information on this product, consult the
Material Safety Data Sheet (MSDS).
Directions For Use:
- For high strength structural bonds, remove surface
contaminants such as paint, oxide films, oils, dust, mold
release agents and all other surface contaminants.
- Use gloves to minimize skin contact. DO NOT use
solvents for cleaning hands.
- Dual Cartridges: To use simply insert the cartridge into
the application gun and start the plunger into the cylinders
using light pressure on the trigger. Next, remove the
cartridge cap and expel a small amount of adhesive to be
sure both sides are flowing evenly and freely. If automatic
mixing of resin and hardener is desired, attach the mixing
nozzle to the end of the cartridge and begin dispensing
the adhesive. For hand mixing, expel the desired amount of the adhesive and mix thoroughly. Mix for approximately
15 seconds after uniform color is obtained.
Bulk Containers: Mix thoroughly by weight or volume in
the proportions specified in Product Description section.
Mix vigorously, approximately 15 seconds after uniform
color is obtained.
- For maximum bond strength apply adhesive evenly to
both surfaces to be joined.
- Application to the substrates should be made within 90
minutes. Larger quantities and/or higher temperatures
will reduce this working time.
- Join the adhesive coated surfaces and allow to cure at
25 °C for 24 hours for high strength. Heat up to 93 °C, will
- Keep parts from moving during cure. Contact pressure is
neccesary. Maximum shear strength is obtained with a 0.1
to 0.2 mm bond line.
- Excessive uncured adhesive can be cleaned up with
ketone type solvents
Loctite Material Specification
LMS dated December-21, 1999 (Resin) and LMS dated July19, 2001 (Hardener). Test reports for each batch are available
for the indicated properties. LMS test reports include selected
QC test parameters considered appropriate to specifications
for customer use. Additionally, comprehensive controls are in
place to assure product quality and consistency. Special
customer specification requirements may be coordinated
through Henkel Loctite Quality
Store product in the unopened container in a dry location.
Storage information may be indicated on the product container
Optimal Storage: 8 °C to 21 °C. Storage below 8 °C or
greater than 28 °C can adversely affect product properties.
Material removed from containers may be contaminated during
use. Do not return product to the original container. Henkel
Corporation cannot assume responsibility for product which
has been contaminated or stored under conditions other than
those previously indicated. If additional information is required,
please contact your local Technical Service Center or
Customer Service Representative.
This product has no reviews yet.